Cranberry-Orange Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You've never tried a bread pudding recipe as unique as this! We've combined the fall flavors that you know and love to make what we like to call Cranberry-Orange Bread Pudding.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound slightly stale French or Italian bread (10 to 12 slices), torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 (8-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained and juice reserved
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together bread pieces, water, and reserved mandarin orange juice, soaking the bread.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs then stir in heavy cream. Add mixture to soaked bread along with cranberries, vanilla, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon; stir until well combined.
- Place in prepared baking dish. Bake 65 to 70 minutes, or until puffy and firm in the center.
- In another small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk, stirring until smooth. While bread pudding is still warm, drizzle with glaze, and serve.
You don't have to stick to plain French or Italian bread. For a change of taste and texture, we suggest trying raisin bread, challah, ciabatta, or even day-old croissants. However, we do recommend staying away from rye or sourdough for this bread pudding. We found that mixing different breads adds to the excitement you get in every spoonful!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 345
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 6.2g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 7.9g 16 %
- Cholesterol 89mg 30 %
- Sodium 499mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 55g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7 %
- Sugars 28g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)