Grilled Pineapple with Ice Cream
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Have you ever tried making pineapple on the grill? That barbecue isn't just for burgers and steaks anymore! Our grilled dessert recipe for Grilled Pineapple with Ice Cream uses cinnamon and brown sugar to sweeten the fruit, allowing it to complement your ice cream with ease. This summer, instead of serving s'mores over the campfire, why not try pineapple on the grill?
What You'll Need:
- Cooking spray
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger (see note)
- Vanilla ice cream (see note)
What To Do:
- Spray cold grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (350 degrees to 400 degrees). Cut pineapple lengthwise into quarters; discard core. Remove pineapple pulp, discarding shell.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over pineapple pulp. Sprinkle evenly with ginger.
- Grill pineapple, covered, 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Remove pineapple from grill, and cut into chunks. Serve with ice cream.
You can substitute an equal amount of bottled minced ginger for the fresh gingerroot. Look for it in the supermarket produce section. Also, feel free to use low-fat or fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt in place of ice cream. It's oh-so-good either way you choose!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Mom's Go-To Weeknight Goulash is super easy and budget-friendly, making it a great weeknight dinner recipe! This family-friendly dinner is made with ground beef, elbow macaroni, a couple of veggies and your family's favorite spaghetti sauce. Everything cooks together in one skillet, and, right before it's served, it's topped with some yummy cheese. The results are delicious!