Apple Pecan Crisp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Apple Pecan Crisp is a definite favorite in our Test Kitchen. Maybe because the warm, sweet crisp melts the vanilla ice cream for the taste of old-fashioned comfort that everyone loves.
What You'll Need
- 5 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Vanilla ice cream
What to Do
- Place apples in a lightly greased 5- to 6-quart slow cooker; drizzle with lemon juice, and toss to coat.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or 2 forks until mixture resembles coarse meal; sprinkle over apples.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 2 to 3 hours, until apples are tender. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve warm with ice cream.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was under lock and key with our Test Kitchen supervisor for years. It was a family recipe and she finally did share it with us. So, here you go. Make sure you let us know how much you like Cold Fudge Cake in the recipe comments below.