Poached Pears with Chocolate Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Add a touch of fancy to your after-dinner dessert with our recipe for Poached Pears with Chocolate Sauce. You can even get creative with the presentation by making a chocolate swirl on the rim of the plate before drizzling over the pear!
What You'll Need
- 4 firm Bartlett pears, peeled
- 4 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
What to Do
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each pear and stand the pears in a medium saucepan. Add the water, cinnamon stick, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and the nutmeg. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the pears are tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Slowly whisk in the milk until smooth then bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until thickened. Allow to cool slightly.
- Spoon a tablespoonful of warm chocolate sauce onto each of 4 dessert plates. Place the pears on the sauce and spoon more sauce over each, allowing the chocolate to drip down the sides of the pears. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.