Red Velvet Frosting
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A simple way to dress up your holiday cakes or Valentine's Day desserts is to top 'em off with some red velvet frosting. Our recipe for Red Velvet Frosting tastes just as good as it looks, and pairs with everything from chocolate to vanilla.
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons red food coloring
What to Do
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add cocoa powder, buttermilk, and vanilla and beat until mixed. Gradually beat in confectioner's sugar until smooth. Add red food color and beat until thoroughly mixed.
We can never get enough frosting recipes! For even more homemade frosting recipes like this one, check out our collection here!