We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna know the key to making the best dessert Betty around? Think fresh. From a burst of fresh strawberries to some freshly cubed bread, our Strawberry Betty is a can't-miss warm fruit dessert.
What You'll Need
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 loaf French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, sugar, and cornstarch; toss to coat. Add bread cubes and butter; mix well. Spoon into baking dish.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly and bread is golden. Serve warm.
- For a totally awesome dessert, serve this with fresh whipped cream made simply by beating 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream with 2 to 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Here's a collection of easy and delicious recipes sure to please the strawberry lovers in your life!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 290
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16g 25 %
- Saturated Fat 9.9g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 3.7g 7 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 258mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Have you ever thought of using your slow cooker to make baked ham? Well, it's about time you do. Our Slow-Cooked Orange Glazed Ham is an easy-to-follow recipe with superb results. Plus, your slow cooker does all the cooking, so you can go about fixin' up the rest of the meal with no worries.