We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna know the key to making the best dessert Betty around? Think fresh. From a burst of fresh strawberries to some freshly cubed bread, our Strawberry Betty is a can't-miss warm fruit dessert.
What You'll Need
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 loaf French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, sugar, and cornstarch; toss to coat. Add bread cubes and butter; mix well. Spoon into baking dish.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly and bread is golden. Serve warm.
- For a totally awesome dessert, serve this with fresh whipped cream made simply by beating 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream with 2 to 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Here's a collection of easy and delicious recipes sure to please the strawberry lovers in your life!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 290
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16g 25 %
- Saturated Fat 9.9g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 3.7g 7 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 258mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You may be serving pasta as the main dish, but when you serve our recipe for Crispy Sesame Artichokes on the side, you're going to have yourself a main attraction. These tender-cooked artichoke hearts are crispy-coated and full of flavor. Plus, they taste even better when dipped into our creamy lemon sauce!