Striped Citrus Pound Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'd better put on your sunglasses when you serve our Striped Citrus Pound Cake, 'cause it's so colorful and such a great right-off-the-grill quick summer dessert.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) pound cake
- 2 (11-ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained, with juice reserved
- 1 (3-ounce) package orange-flavored gelatin mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Whipped cream for topping
What to Do
- Slice pound cake into 3/4-inch slices (about 8 to 10 slices).
- Place reserved mandarin orange juice in a medium saucepan; on the stovetop, heat juice over medium-high heat to almost boiling. Add gelatin mix; reduce heat to low and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add butter and stir until melted. Brush some of the mixture onto the cake slices.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place cake slices on grill, brushed-side down. Brush the other sides and grill 5 to 6 minutes, turning and brushing occasionally, until cake is heated through.
- Remove slices to serving plates and top with oranges and whipped cream.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.