We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
After those pre-dinner nibbles and the big dinner, there's still a tiny bit of room left for dessert. Better use it for our easy and tempting Yule Log. Go ahead, chop off a piece and enjoy!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- Grated peel of 1 orange
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 10- x 15-inch rimmed rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Gradually beat in granulated sugar, water, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and orange peel until well blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until smooth.
- Pour into rimmed baking sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle a clean kitchen towel with confectioners' sugar and invert cake onto towel; carefully peel off aluminum foil. While hot, roll cake and towel up jelly-roll style from narrow end and cool on a wire rack. When cooled, unroll cake, removing towel.
- In a medium bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, cocoa, butter, milk, and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla until creamy. Reserve 1/2 cup of frosting and spread remainder over cake. Roll cake up again. Spread reserved 1/2 cup frosting over outside of cake. Lightly score entire length of log with tines of a fork to look like bark.
- Chill at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Garnish this by making marshmallow mushrooms. Here's how to make each one: Simply flatten a mini marshmallow and attach an unflattened one to it with a bit of icing, as in the photo. Try sprinkling a little cocoa on top and arrange on top of log.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 279
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 3.7g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 3.7g 7 %
- Cholesterol 68mg 23 %
- Sodium 173mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 53g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 44g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the root vegetables are on sale at your market, you've got to fill up a few bags, 'cause you're going to need them to make this recipe for Roasted Root Vegetables. Roasted vegetables are good as-is, but by tossing them in just a little olive oil and adding some basic seasonings, we really enhance their flavors!