Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!
What You'll Need
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 pound cooked roast beef, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated horseradish, drained
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red onion slice, separted into rings for garnish
What to Do
- On a large platter, arrange lettuce, cucumber, tomato, and roast beef.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except onion. Pour over lettuce mixture, garnish with onion rings, and serve.
- Any kind of roast beef will do. You can ask for a 1/2-inch thick piece of roast beef at the deli.
- Serve this with a nice cold glass of our Country Lemonade!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 439
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 23g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 4.3g 21 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 44g 87 %
- Cholesterol 118mg 39 %
- Sodium 531mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 14g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.9g 12 %
- Sugars 6.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!