Earthy Farro Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Earthy Farro Salad is packed with the nutty flavor of farro. When combined with lots of yummy seasonings, dried cranberries, fresh herbs, and goat cheese crumbles, you've got a salad that's unbelievably delicious. Try it out when you're looking for something different, yet tasty!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups farro, cooked according to package directions, cooled
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 8 ounces goat cheese crumbles
- 2/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
What to Do
- In a small bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, rosemary, and garlic powder. Slowly whisk in olive oil until thoroughly combined; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine farro, cranberries, goat cheese, and parsley. Right before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss well. Serve at room temperature.
- This recipe can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated, just bring it to room temperature and toss with dressing right before serving.
- Farro can be found at many grocery stores in the aisle with the rice and other grains. You can also look for it in health food stores or order it online. However, if you can't seem to find it, you can always substitute with brown rice, spelt, or even barley.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 511
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29g 45 %
- Saturated Fat 9.5g 47 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 16g 32 %
- Cholesterol 30mg 10 %
- Sodium 130mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 46g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.1g 16 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.