We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
During the dog days of summer, there's nothing better than a light and fluffy side dish. That's why our Summertime Fluff is so great. It's perfect poolside or you can bring it along to the next backyard barbecue. Everyone will love this fruity, yogurt-based treat!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 (16-ounce) box orzo pasta
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained, with juice reserved (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 1 (15-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse under cold running water, drain well.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine reserved pineapple juice, sugar, flour, salt and egg whites. Cook until mixture thickens and is smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, pineapple juice mixture and yogurt. Stir in pineapple tidbits and marshmallows. Fold in mandarin oranges, cherries and whipped topping. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!