Quick Steak Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In America, we traditionally eat our salad before our main course. And in Europe, salad is usually served after the main course. Well, with this dish, it doesn't matter where you're from, 'cause you get your salad and main course all in one.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless sirloin steak (2 pounds), about 1½ inches thick, trimmed
- 1 medium-sized head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
What to Do
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper. Rub over the entire surface of the steak, discarding any leftover seasoning mixture.
- Place the meat on a broiler pan and broil for 18 to 20 minutes for medium rare, or to desired doneness, turning halfway through the broiling. Remove from the broiler and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place the shredded lettuce on a large serving platter or on individual serving plates.
- In a small bowl, combine the beans and salsa and spoon evenly over the lettuce.
- Slice the steak across the grain into thin slices and place evenly over the salad. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.