Shortcut Chow Chow Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fresh veggies are a must-have when you're serving up a potluck spread, but all that prep work can take a long time! Save yourself the trouble and whip up something fabulous with our recipe for Shortcut Chow Chow Salad. It's a side dish that's full of color and flavor!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower, thawed and cut into small pieces
- 2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can cut yellow wax beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring water, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, and salt to a boil; stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cauliflower, carrots, green beans, wax beans, kidney beans, onion, and bell pepper.
- Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables and toss until evenly coated. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Check out our Three Bean Salad for some really big flavor!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Calories 135
- Calories from Fat 2.5
- Total Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.7g 3 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 192mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 10 %
- Sugars 27g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're so crazy about carrots we like to use 'em in everything from soups to desserts. This recipe for Crazy Carrot Pancakes is a bit unexpected, but a lot welcomed, 'cause it's crazy easy, crazy good, and there's not a person who tries 'em who isn't crazy about 'em afterwards!