Tuna Filled Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're all after a meal that's both delicious and nutritious, right? Well, look no more, we've got your meal right here! These Tuna Filled Tomatoes pack great nutrients into a yummy dish. What's not to love about that?
What You'll Need
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 (9-ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops of hot pepper sauce
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 8 leaves Boston or Bibb lettuce
- Paprika for sprinkling
What to Do
- Combine first 9 ingredients; cover and chill.
- Core tomatoes. Cut each into 6 wedges, cutting to, but not through, base of tomato.
- Arrange each tomato on a lettuce-lined plate. Spoon tuna mixture into tomatoes; sprinkle with paprika.
- Most fresh tomatoes sold at the supermarket are firm and not yet ripe. This keeps them from bruising during shipping. Tomatoes will ripen properly if kept at room temperature. Once they're ripe, you can chill them in the refrigerator, but only for a few days; any longer and they'll begin to lose flavor.
- To make your Tuna Filled Tomatoes taste even more incredible, feel free to drizzle with your favorite salad dressing. We like to use an Avocado Ranch dressing!