Tuscan Garden Lentils
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It doesn't get any easier than this. Lots of fresh veggies simmered with lentils and highlighted with Tasty Tuscan Green Kale. This one pot go-along is just as at-home next to pot roast, as it is fried chicken.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups green kale (we used Tasty Tuscany)
What to Do
- In a large soup pot heat oil over medium heat and cook carrots, celery and onion about 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except kale and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to low, cover and simmer 45 to 50 minutes, or until lentils are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in kale last 15 minutes of cooking.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you're a dunker or a dipper, our Parmesan Onion Board is the perfect addition to your best soup recipes! It's got the bold flavors of onion, poppy seeds, and Parmesan cheese, and let's face it, that goes with just about anything!