Chocolate Banana Baked French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The idea behind brunch is to serve dishes that are a little out of the ordinary and extra-special. This is the perfect example, 'cause it goes way beyond ordinary French toast. Why, the name speaks for itself...and so does the taste!
What You'll Need
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2-stick) butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork and add the eggs, milk, melted butter, 3 tablespoons sugar, and the vanilla; mix until well beaten. Add bread and toss until completely coated.
- Pour into prepared baking dish then sprinkle with chocolate chips and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until set and golden. Cut into squares, and serve.
- I like to mix this in a big soup pot so that I have enough room to really stir it up. To keep things exciting (and sinful!), top it with sliced bananas and ooey gooey hot fudge. Mmm mmm!
- If you liked this recipe, don't forget to check out our Top 10 Simple French Toast Recipes!
- Want even more great recipes like our Chocolate Banana Baked French Toast? Then check out our free eCookbook, Easy Breezy Brunch: 26 Easy Brunch Recipes for Any Occasion.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These from-scratch pumpkin pancakes are the perfect way to start off your weekend! Our recipe uses pumpkin pie filling to bring the comforting feeling of fall right to your kitchen. Make sure to top them with a bit of butter and a lot of syrup for a pumpkin taste straight from heaven! Whether you're making it for the grown-ups, the kids, or both, everyone will love our cozy Pumpkin Patch Pancakes.