Praline French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our version of French toast is like having dessert for breakfast! A rich brown sugar glaze with crunchy pecans tops off buttery bread for a breakfast that'll have everybody singing, 'OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!'
What You'll Need
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 (1-inch-thick) slices French bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 (2-ounce) package chopped pecans (3/4 cup)
What to Do
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a wire whisk until blended. Pour 1 cup egg mixture into a greased 9- x 13-inch baking dish, place bread in dish; pour remaining egg mixture over bread. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and pecans in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and microwave at HIGH setting 30 seconds. Pour over bread.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until set and golden.
If you liked this recipe, don't forget to check out our Top 10 Simple French Toast Recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 606
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 28g 43 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 64 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 16g 32 %
- Cholesterol 233mg 78 %
- Sodium 528mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 75g 25 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 36g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What happens when you take a stuffed chicken recipe and combine it with a muffin tin recipe? You get our irresistible Stuffed Chicken Muffins! This dish is filled with a delicious cheesy Italian-style filling that everyone will love.