Red Velvet Pancakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Red Velvet Cake is one of our favorite desserts, especially during the holidays, so we thought, why not turn this dessert into a festive breakfast item, too? With our recipe for Red Velvet Pancakes, you can celebrate all things red and decadent any time of the year!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red food color
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix, cocoa powder, and granulated sugar; mix well. Add remaining milk, the eggs, the remaining vanilla, and the food color; stir until thoroughly combined.
- Coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray, then heat over medium-low heat. When griddle is hot, pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form, then turn over and cook 1 to 2 additional minutes, or until golden brown. Repeat until all batter is used. Serve pancakes with cream cheese topping.
These pancakes take us off the beaten path a bit when it comes to breakfast, and so does our Apple Pie Toast!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 637
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24g 37 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 64 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 14g 29 %
- Cholesterol 160mg 53 %
- Sodium 854mg 36 %
- Total Carbohydrates 91g 30 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.9g 16 %
- Sugars 48g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Mashed potatoes always offer stick-to-your-ribs comfort, and our Mashed Potato Casserole is a new twist on a family favorite side dish recipe. This potato casserole is extra-rich and creamy thanks to the addition of cream cheese. Your spuds will never be duds if you make 'em this way!