Strawberry-Stuffed French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What if you took the best French toast you ever ate, stuffed it with a mixture of cream cheese and freshly picked Florida strawberries, and then coated it in a crispy-crunchy coating kissed with cinnamon? Well, no need to wonder because once you make this you’ll discover that the combo is absolutely magical. Oh, we almost forgot to mention that it’s even better when you spoon sliced Florida strawberries, tossed in a bit of sugar, over the top!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups coarsely crushed frosted cornflake cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 8 slices brioche or egg bread
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine sliced strawberries and granulated sugar; mix well and set aside for at least 30 minutes or until softened. Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, combine cereal and cinnamon; mix well and set aside. In another shallow dish, whisk eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar; mix well. Stir in diced strawberries and spread equally over 4 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Dip sandwich into egg mixture, completely coating both sides, then place in cereal mixture, coating both sides. Cook 2 sandwiches at a time, for 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Serve hot, topped with softened sliced strawberries.