Best Ever Tuna Pasta Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In our kitchen, we often toss together a batch of our Best Ever Tuna Pasta Salad for lunch! It's hearty enough to satisfy all of our king-sized appetites!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound medium-sized pasta shells
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse, drain again and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, combine dressing, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, tuna, garbanzo beans, sun-dried tomatoes, and scallions.
- Add dressing mixture and toss until thoroughly combined. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
We usually use chunk-light tuna packed in water for this tuna pasta salad, but whatever tuna is on sale should work. Did you know that sometimes the tuna packed in oil contains less fat than water-packed tuna because it's a less fatty tuna cut? Be sure to check the labels!
- Looking for more of our favorite tuna recipes? Check out our collection of Easy Tuna Recipes: 13 Tuna Salad Recipes, Tuna Casserole Recipes, and More!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.