Better than Ever Lo Mein
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
They say we eat with our eyes first, then our mouths. If that's so, then this colorful Asian dish will sure fill you up...twice!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound vermicelli or spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 scallions, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
What To Do:
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons peanut oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and garlic.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat remaining peanut oil over medium-high heat and add scallions and red pepper; saute 1 to 2 minutes, then add pasta to skillet and stir-fry.
- Pour sauce mixture into skillet; toss well and cook until heated through and sauce has thickened slightly. Serve immediately.
- What a great way to use up those extra bits of different fresh vegetables (you know, like broccoli, onions, pea pods, and beans)! Just cut them up and toss them in with the red pepper.
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Fire up the grill! This is one of our juiciest grilled pork chop recipes ever. What makes these Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops so good is the sweet 'n' tangy glaze that caramelizes as it cooks. You'll be smackin' your lips with each bite!