We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pennsylvania Dutch cooking has its roots in Germany, where many hearty recipes, like these comforting and flavorful buttery egg noodles, get their traditional taste from!
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package medium egg noodles (see Note)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and place in a large serving bowl; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add caraway seeds and saute 3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Pour sauce over cooked noodles, and serve immediately.
We like to use medium egg noodles that have a fluffy, curled edge. It gives the dish an elegant look.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)