We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We call this Festival Tortellini because it is chock-full of all the ingredients we might find in a hearty sausage and peppers sandwich at a local festival! The tortellini adds an extra-hearty twist to the mix and makes for a comforting all-in-one main dish.
What You'll Need
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 (9-ounce) packages Italian sausage-filled tortellini (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a 9" x 13" baking dish, combine all the ingredients except the cheese; mix well.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir, cover, and bake for 20 more minutes. Remove the foil, sprinkle with the cheese, and bake, uncovered, for 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Fresh tortellini can usually be found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store, near the dairy foods, and any flavor tortellini will work fine.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got the best southern coleslaw recipe around! It's big on taste and crunch, with the Tex-Mex flavors everyone loves! Our Texas Slaw comes with an optional kick if you're feeling a little adventurous! This is the perfect southern coleslaw recipe to impress the guests this summer!