Fettuccine with Blue Cheese Alfredo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
- READY IN
- 18 Min
We put a twist on fettuccine alfredo and made it Fettuccine with Blue Cheese Alfredo. What could be better than this pungent and luxurious taste?
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) container refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 2 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fettuccine
- 3 ounces thinly sliced ham, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (see note)
What To Do:
- Combine 1/2 cup blue cheese and the Alfredo sauce; set aside.
- Stack several spinach leaves, and roll stack, jellyroll fashion; cut roll into 1/4-inch slices to make thin spinach shreds. Repeat with remaining spinach; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, and immediately toss with blue cheese Alfredo sauce, spinach, ham, and parsley. Sprinkle pasta with remaining 1/4 cup blue cheese and the pine nuts. Serve immediately.
Toasting nuts really brings out their flavor. You can toast this small amount of pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat for just a few minutes, stirring often. You can also substitute walnuts for the pine nuts, if you'd like.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.