We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tex-Mex Lasagna has become a family favorite, especially for fans of easy meat lasagna recipes. It has that little different touch that raises eyebrows.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (6-ounce can) tomato paste
- 1 cup picante sauce (medium or mild)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (2 cups equals 8 ounces)
- 1/2 pound (1/2 of a 16-ounce box) lasagna noodles, cooked according to package instructions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet, make sauce by browning the beef with the onion; drain the liquid. Add tomato paste, picante sauce, water, cumin, and chili powder; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese; set aside.
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Layer ingredients in the pan as follows: 1 cup sauce, half of the lasagna noodles, and half of the ricotta cheese mixture; repeat same layers and top with remaining sauce then remaining 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 45-50 minutes; uncover and cook 5 more minutes, or until light golden.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes for easier serving.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 19 Easy Lasagna Recipes.