Worth the Wait Lasagna
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Homemade Italian-style lasagna takes a little extra effort, but one taste of our Worth the Wait Lasagna will prove that this one is definitely a main dish pasta bake worth waiting for.
What You'll Need
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (28-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until no pink remains, stirring to break up sausage as it cooks. Drain off excess liquid and set aside in a large bowl to cool slightly. Add 3 cups mozzarella cheese, the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, the egg, basil, and pepper; mix well.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce evenly over bottom of baking dish. Place 3 noodles over sauce. Spread one-third of sausage mixture over noodles. Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce over sausage mixture. Place 3 more noodles over the top and press down lightly. Repeat with 2 more layers of sausage mixture, sauce, and noodles. Spoon remaining sauce over top and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1 hour. Remove foil and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over top; return to oven 5 more minutes, or until cheese has melted. Allow to sit 10 to 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Top this with some fresh basil before serving for an extra burst of fresh flavor.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 19 Easy Lasagna Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 852
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40g 61 %
- Saturated Fat 22g 109 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 50g 100 %
- Cholesterol 162mg 54 %
- Sodium 2,461mg 103 %
- Total Carbohydrates 72g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 8 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Have yourself a morning Greek feast with our recipe for Spinach Feta Scramble. Fluffy scrambled eggs, fresh veggies, and feta cheese make for a super colorful and egg-ceptionally delicious way to start your day. You'll love this flavorful way to enjoy scrambled eggs!