Bakery Style Eclairs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
Sometimes we have a little extra time to make dessert for a special occasion. Sure, we can pick up chocolate eclairs at the bakery or supermarket, but when they're this easy to make, why not make Bakery Style Eclairs ourselves?
What You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into quarters
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1 (4-serving-size) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir quickly with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat.
- Add 1 egg to mixture and beat hard with a wooden spoon to blend. Add remaining eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. (Each egg must be completely blended before the next egg is added. While beating dough, its consistency will change from looking almost curdled to smooth.) When dough is smooth, spoon it into a large resealable plastic bag and using scissors, snip off one corner of bag, making a 1-inch-wide cut. Gently squeeze bag to form ten 1- x 4-inch dough logs about 2 inches apart on an ungreased large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden and puffy. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in pudding mix and set aside. In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and milk to make a smooth icing.
- Cut eclair shells in half horizontally and spoon pudding mixture equally into bottom of each. Replace tops of eclair shells and spread icing over tops. Cover loosely and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You're going to love this comforting Italian dinner! Little Italy Eggplant Rollatini is our version of a restaurant favorite. It's basically an eggplant roll-up that's filled with lots of creamy cheese and covered in spaghetti sauce. Once your family gets a taste, they're going to ask for it again and again!