Chocolate Chip Rugelach
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 30 (about 5 dozen rugelach)
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Melt-in-your-mouth homemade Chocolate Chip Rugelach get their extra richness from a creamy special ingredient. Our homemade rugelach pastries may look and taste bakery fancy, but they're super simple to make!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound (4 sticks) butter, softened but not melted
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
What to Do
- In a large bowl, cut butter into flour. Add ice cream and work it into mixture with your hands. (Add more flour, if necessary, to make dough easier to handle.) Cover and refrigerate dough overnight. (It will become hard.)
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, nuts, and cinnamon. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup mixture onto a clean, smooth surface. Separate dough into 5 equal pieces. Place one piece of dough on the sugar-nut mixture and refrigerate remaining pieces of dough until ready to use. Roll out dough with a lightly floured rolling pin to form a circle 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup chocolate chips over the rolled dough,then cut dough into 12 to 14 small wedges. Starting at wide end, roll up dough and place seam-side down on baking sheet.
- Repeat entire process, placing more sugar-nut mixture on the smooth surface each time before rolling out dough.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until bottoms turn golden.
Love this easy cookie recipe? Be sure to check out the rest of the holiday cookies we've featured in our 2015 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Calories 305
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 51 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 3.2g 6 %
- Cholesterol 38mg 13 %
- Sodium 124mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 34g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 19g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"