Almond Bear Claws
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With the slits cut on top, these Almond Bear Claw pastries resemble a bear's claw. And you'll need a bear-sized appetite to wolf down these treats because they're made with our signature "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!®"
What You'll Need
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 (12-ounce) can almond filling
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 9 (3-inch) squares. Place about 2 teaspoons almond filling onto one side of square. Fold dough over and press edges to seal. Cut 4 slits about 1/2-inch apart along edge of dough. Curve pastry slightly to resemble claws and place on baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk and water; brush egg mixture over pastries and sprinkle evenly with almonds.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden. Remove from baking sheets to a wire rack; cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over pastries and serve.
Check This Out!
- Serve these with a warm drink for a great winter snack. Try our Zesty Butterscotch Tea, or our Old-Fashioned Hot Cocoa.
- Looking for more easy pastry recipes? Try our Apricot Pecan Brie Tarts, our Bakery-Style Cannoli, or our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists!
- Want more almond? Try our Almond-Kissed Cupcakes, our Chinese Almond Rounds, or our Chocolate Almond Truffles.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Calories 2,486
- Calories from Fat 988
- Total Fat 110g 169 %
- Saturated Fat 45g 226 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 37g 74 %
- Cholesterol 124mg 41 %
- Sodium 1,330mg 55 %
- Total Carbohydrates 347g 116 %
- Dietary Fiber 17g 69 %
- Sugars 182g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! And few can beat the ease of our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage. This cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. Even the pickiest members of your family won't be able to resist this classic. The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied, which is one of the reasons people love cabbage and sausage dinner recipes in the winter. Oh, it's so comforting!