Apple Puff Pastry Pies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you want the taste of a classic warm apple pie without the fuss and muss of making a giant pie from scratch, our Apple Puff Pastry Pies are the perfect solution! Made with that oh-so-good apple pie taste, this recipe packs a ton of flavor in a small package that you have to try! Our Apple Puff Pastry Pies are easy to make, and even easier to enjoy.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup peeled and finely chopped apple
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package rolled refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1/3 cup sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter; saute apple for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened; set aside to cool. When cooled, add 1/3 cup sugar, the flour, and cinnamon to apples; mix well.
- Meanwhile, unroll both pieces of pie dough onto a cutting board. Using a 3-inch round cookie or biscuit cutter, cut 9 circles from each piece of dough. Place 9 dough circles on the baking sheet and place about 1 tablespoon of apple mixture onto the center of each. (The other 9 circles will be the tops, so don't add filling to those.)
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water. Brush edges of dough with egg wash. Place remaining dough circles over filling and seal edges by pressing together with a fork dipped in egg wash. With a paring knife, cut a small slit in the top of each hand pie. Brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle with extra sugar.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen Tip!
- If you enjoy the delicious flavors of our Apple Puff Pastry Pies, then you have to try our Lemony Cream Puffs and Baked Pear Tarts!
- Serve this up with our sweet Mexican Ice Cream Balls for a winning combo that will have everyone talking about how good it is.
- For more apple goodness, try our Apple Cinnamon Poke Cake or our Apple Crisp for Two.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Calories 247
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 6.2g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 0.9g 2 %
- Cholesterol 34mg 11 %
- Sodium 261mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 8.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you want a lemony-herb fish dish, that's packed with flavor and easy to make, then you've got to try our All-American Fish-in-Foil. We used catfish, because it's firm enough to stay together and delicate enough to wrap it in foil. It's a perfectly seasoned, easy-as-can be dinner that you're going to love to share with family and friends.