Cappuccino Custard Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 10 Min
Cappuccino is one of the trendiest coffee drinks, and for good reason! So why not enjoy that same flavor in a melt-in-your-mouth creamy pie?
What You'll Need
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (1 quart) half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt; set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the half-and-half and coffee granules on medium-low heat, stirring constantly for 8 to 10 minutes, until hot and the coffee is dissolved. Gradually beat the coffee mixture into the eggs until thoroughly mixed. Pour into a 9-inch deep dish pie plate and place in a large shallow pan. Pour water into the pan to go about halfway up the sides of the pie plate, being careful not to pour water into the pie plate. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Carefully remove the pie plate from the water and allow the pie to cool for 20 minutes. Chill for 1 hour, then cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
For a true cappuccino confection, garnish this with whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 287
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 9.8g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 8.4g 17 %
- Cholesterol 184mg 61 %
- Sodium 176mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 19g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
There's nothing more warm and cozy than a big bowl of chicken soup. And when we're looking for a way to add even more heartiness to our bowls, noodles aren't the only option - wild rice is great too! Our Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is a warm-ya-up favorite that's full of flavor.