Easy as Pumpkin Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We like to refer to this pumpkin pie a dump-and-pour pie 'cause all you've got to do is dump your ingredients into a bowl, mix 'em up, and pour 'em into a pie shell. It's that quick! Oh, did we for get to mention just how tummy-rubbin' yummy it is, too? Well, it is!
What You'll Need
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked 9-inch frozen pastry shell
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Ground nutmeg or cinnamon (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine first 7 ingredients, and stir well. Pour filling into pastry shell.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until filling is set, shielding edges of piecrust with aluminum foil, if necessary, to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack. Dollop with sweetened whipped cream, and sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon, if desired.
- If you want to jazz it up with sweetened whipped cream, here's how: Whip 1/2 pint cream with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in a small bowl with an electric beater.
- Plus, check out more great holiday recipes in our free eCookbook, 25 Scrumptious Pies & Desserts for Thanksgiving and Beyond.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.