Easy as Pumpkin Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We like to refer to this pumpkin pie a dump-and-pour pie 'cause all you've got to do is dump your ingredients into a bowl, mix 'em up, and pour 'em into a pie shell. It's that quick! Oh, did we for get to mention just how tummy-rubbin' yummy it is, too? Well, it is!
What You'll Need
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked 9-inch frozen pastry shell
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Ground nutmeg or cinnamon (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine first 7 ingredients, and stir well. Pour filling into pastry shell.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until filling is set, shielding edges of piecrust with aluminum foil, if necessary, to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack. Dollop with sweetened whipped cream, and sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon, if desired.
- If you want to jazz it up with sweetened whipped cream, here's how: Whip 1/2 pint cream with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in a small bowl with an electric beater.
- Plus, check out more great holiday recipes in our free eCookbook, 25 Scrumptious Pies & Desserts for Thanksgiving and Beyond.