Florida Frost Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A slice of this frosty pie inspired by the Sunshine State will surely cool things down when it's hot outside! Any flavor of sherbet-lime, raspberry, whichever's your favorite-works well in this pie. Just omit the orange rind if you use a flavor other than orange.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 gallon orange sherbet, softened
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine first 3 ingredients. Firmly press crumb mixture evenly in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine orange sherbet, lemon juice, and 1-1/2 teaspoons orange rind in a large bowl; stir well. Spoon sherbet mixture into prepared crust, mounding and swirling with a small spatula. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon orange rind. Freeze pie until firm.