Florida Frost Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A slice of this frosty pie inspired by the Sunshine State will surely cool things down when it's hot outside! Any flavor of sherbet-lime, raspberry, whichever's your favorite-works well in this pie. Just omit the orange rind if you use a flavor other than orange.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 gallon orange sherbet, softened
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine first 3 ingredients. Firmly press crumb mixture evenly in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine orange sherbet, lemon juice, and 1-1/2 teaspoons orange rind in a large bowl; stir well. Spoon sherbet mixture into prepared crust, mounding and swirling with a small spatula. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon orange rind. Freeze pie until firm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Cobb Macaroni Salad is a cross between a creamy macaroni salad and a fill-ya-up Cobb salad. Not only is this macaroni salad recipe easy to follow, but it's sure to be one of the top deli salads at your next summertime cookout, backyard bash, or family get-together. We especially love that this one is hearty enough to be a meal in itself!