Guilt-Free Banana Pudding Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
When you're ready to indulge in a well-deserved dessert our Guilt-Free Banana Pudding Pie will really hit the spot. Because there's less sugar than there is in the traditional version of this normally super-sweet dessert, you're able to enjoy it just like everyone else.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 an (11-ounce) package reduced-fat vanilla wafers
- 3 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 cups whole milk
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In the pie plate, layer half the vanilla wafers followed by half the banana slices. Repeat layers one more time; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, 5 tablespoons of sugar, the flour, vanilla extract, salt, and egg yolks. Cook over low heat about 10 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly. Pour pudding mixture over top of bananas.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add remaining sugar slowly to the egg whites and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over the top of the pudding mixture.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden. Let cool, then chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- For more information on diabetes and how to prevent it, check out the American Diabetes Association's website.
- To find even more great-tasting diabetic-friendly recipes, as well as the complete nutritional information for this recipe, click here! We've got all kinds of tips and tricks for managing your diabetes diet.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Calories 136
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 1.3g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.0g 6 %
- Cholesterol 36mg 12 %
- Sodium 104mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 24g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.