Guilt-Free Banana Pudding Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
When you're ready to indulge in a well-deserved dessert our Guilt-Free Banana Pudding Pie will really hit the spot. Because there's less sugar than there is in the traditional version of this normally super-sweet dessert, you're able to enjoy it just like everyone else.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 an (11-ounce) package reduced-fat vanilla wafers
- 3 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 cups whole milk
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In the pie plate, layer half the vanilla wafers followed by half the banana slices. Repeat layers one more time; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, 5 tablespoons of sugar, the flour, vanilla extract, salt, and egg yolks. Cook over low heat about 10 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly. Pour pudding mixture over top of bananas.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add remaining sugar slowly to the egg whites and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over the top of the pudding mixture.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden. Let cool, then chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- For more information on diabetes and how to prevent it, check out the American Diabetes Association's website.
- To find even more great-tasting diabetic-friendly recipes, as well as the complete nutritional information for this recipe, click here! We've got all kinds of tips and tricks for managing your diabetes diet.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Calories 136
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 1.3g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.0g 6 %
- Cholesterol 36mg 12 %
- Sodium 104mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 24g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These are a real Southern specialty; if you've never had the chance to try them, you'd better get ready to eat more than one! These Tangy Pickled Eggs are an old-fashioned Southern recipe that is now easy to make at home! Just a few easy steps and simple ingredients and you'll be making Tangy Pickled Eggs in no time!