Homemade Pie Crust
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie crust
- 10 Min
Our Homemade Pie Crust recipe is great for any pie recipe you're looking to make. It's simple to prep and bake, and it's much tastier than baking with a store-bought version!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 6 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large bowl, whisk shortening, water, and milk until it reaches the consistency of whipped cream. Add flour and salt; stir well with a spoon until dough forms a ball. Divide dough into 2 equal-sized balls.
- Place 1 dough ball between 2 sheets of wax paper; with a rolling pin, roll out to a circle slightly larger than a 9-inch pie plate. Place in bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Pour filling of your choice into shell.
- Roll out second dough ball to the same size and place over filling; seal by pinching edges together.
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut 6 small slits in center of the pie top to allow steam to escape while baking.
- Bake according to filling directions, or until crust is golden.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.