Ice Cream Cone Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 3 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Remember when you got down to the bottom of your ice cream cone and it was filled with the last of your ice cream and you wished you could start over? Well, that was the best part and so is this. In fact, everyone can enjoy the best part with this creamy, crunchy pie.
What You'll Need
- 12 sugar cones
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 gallon any flavor ice cream, softened
What to Do
- Put the sugar cones in a plastic bag or between sheets of waxed paper and crush into small pieces with a rolling pin. (Do not chop in food processor.) Mix crushed cones and pecans in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Put the chocolate chips and butter in a small heavy saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring occasionally. Pour over the cone mixture, mixing well. Press half of the mixture evenly over the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Spread ice cream over mixture. Sprinkle remaining mixture over top of pie, and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Cover and freeze for several hours or until firm. Pie may be kept frozen for up to 1 month.
The secret to success is softening the ice cream before using it and freezing the final product in a good cold freezer. To soften ice cream, break it up in a mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon. Do not let the ice cream reach the melting point.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 436
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 32g 49 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 62 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 3.7g 7 %
- Cholesterol 30mg 10 %
- Sodium 143mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 22g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.