Easy Sweet Potato Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need to know how to make Sweet Potato Pie? Well, our soul food version of this classic dessert recipe is easy and smells great, before you've even started baking! Sweet, simple, and timeless; learning how to make sweet potato pieis going to change the way your family does the fall season. This is Southern holiday tradition at its best!
What You'll Need
- 2 (29-ounce) cans sweet potatoes or yams, drained
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup biscuit baking mix
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a blender, combine sweet potatoes and evaporated milk; blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender and blend until well combined, scraping down sides as needed. Add to sweet potato mixture; mix well then pour into prepared pie plate, mounding mixture in center.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
It doesn't take much to make this pie look festive...simply top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You may be serving pasta as the main dish, but when you serve our recipe for Crispy Sesame Artichokes on the side, you're going to have yourself a main attraction. These tender-cooked artichoke hearts are crispy-coated and full of flavor. Plus, they taste even better when dipped into our creamy lemon sauce!