Mocha Mud Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The original mud pie hails from Mississippi, but now we find it served all over the country. When you mix chocolate and coffee ice cream and add hot fudge sauce and almonds, Mocha Mud Pie is one of those desserts you just can't say no to.
What You'll Need
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 (9-inch) prepared chocolate graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (1 to 1-ounce) jar hot fudge sauce, warmed, divided
- 1 pint coffee ice cream, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
What to Do
- Spread chocolate ice cream in crust. Cover with about 1 cup hot fudge sauce then cover and freeze for about 2 hours, or until firm.
- Spread coffee ice cream over frozen pie then rewarm remaining fudge sauce and drizzle over the top.
- Sprinkle with almonds, cover, and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Remove pie from freezer 5 minutes before serving to soften.