My Own Chocolate Pie Crust
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There sure are some super pre-made pie crusts available today that are ready for us to fill. I love to use them when I'm in a hurry, but once in a while I like to make my own chocolate crust. Why not, when it's as simple as this?!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree F. Sift the flour, salt, sugar, and cocoa into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and milk and pour over the flour mixture. Using a fork, mix until completely moist. Using your fingers, press the dough evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the ungreased plate, partly covering the rim.
- To use as a baked shell, prick the dough all over with a fork and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, then cool and fill as desired. To use as an unbaked shell, fill with the desired filling and bake according to the pie filling directions.
Makes one 9-inch deep-dish pie crust.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.