We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
This luscious Strawberry Pie tastes berry patch fresh! It's a southern baking classic that's sure to be an easy favorite coast to coast at dessert time.
What You'll Need
- 1 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake deep-dish pie shell, thawed
- 1 (4-serving) package strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup ginger ale
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
What to Do
- Bake pie shell according to package directions; set aside to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients, except strawberries, over medium heat. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until gelatin has dissolved and mixture is clear, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool about 5 minutes. Stir in strawberries then pour into baked pie shell.
- Chill at least 4 hours, or until set. Serve, or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
Before serving, why not top each slice with a dollop of whipped topping and a whole strawberry?