All Around Beef Stromboli
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Depending on how hungry the gang is, these hearty roll-ups brimming with beef, sausage, mushrooms and cheese, make a super snack, a tempting appetizer, or an anytime filling meal. Our All Around Beef Strombolis do it all!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound bulk hot or sweet Italian sausage
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1 (7-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage and ground beef 8 to 10 minutes over medium-high heat, until no pink remains, crumbling to break up the meat while cooking. Drain off excess liquid and add the mushrooms; cook 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 6- x 12-inch rectangle. Spread meat mixture onto the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
- Sprinkle with remaining ingredients and fold the dough over the filling, forming a 12-inch roll. With your fingers or a fork, pinch the edges together firmly to seal. Place the stromboli on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake15 to 18 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Slice and serve.
- Serve with some warmed marinara sauce - it practically makes a complete meal.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!