Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whenever we're in Chicago, our trip isn't complete until we indulge in a traditional Chicago-style pizza. Since we can't get enough of it, we came up with this Chicago Deep-Dish Pizza!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed (see Note)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 3/4 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a 12-inch deep-dish pizza pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, pepper, and onion 6 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains in sausage and vegetables are tender, stirring constantly; drain and set aside.
- Using your fingertips or heel of your hand, spread dough so it covers bottom of pan and comes three-quarters of the way up sides. Spread spaghetti sauce over dough; top with sausage mixture, then cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until crust is crisp and brown. Cut and serve.
Just a Suggestion!
- Not crazy about the hot stuff? Use a milder sausage for the same super Chicago taste.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
- For more easy pizza recipes, make our Basil Pesto Focaccia, our School Lunch Square Pizza, or our Slow Cooker Pizza Dip!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 402
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 16g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 7.5g 37 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 25g 49 %
- Cholesterol 48mg 16 %
- Sodium 1,161mg 48 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 6.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.