Stuffed Pizza Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Stuffed Pizza Casserole is a great weeknight meal! Kids will love it and so will all the kids-at-heart at your table! It's a double-crusted hearty deep dish pizza chock full of a beef, Italian sausage and veggie filling that will have everyone begging for seconds!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 (10-ounce) cans refrigerated pizza dough, divided
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce, divided
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and ground beef 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms and bell pepper and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, unroll 1 pizza dough, press into bottom and halfway up sides of prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese, top with 3/4 cup pizza sauce, spoon meat mixture evenly over sauce, and sprinkle with 1 more cup cheese. Unroll and place second pizza dough on top. Press bottom and top crust edges together to seal. Make a few small slits in top crust.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven, pour remaining pizza sauce over crust and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes, or until crust is browned.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The family is going to rave over these budget-friendly skillet pork chops! Made with a box of shortcut stuffing mix, and lots ooey gooey cheese, our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Pork Chops are layered to perfection. It's a dish that looks and tastes like it's fit for royalty, so there's no need to tell everyone just how budget-friendly it actually is!