Apple Sauerkraut Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A pressure cooker makes it so easy to whip up this one-pot sweet 'n' sour pork chop dish. The combination of apples, sweet potatoes and sauerkraut is a real winner!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pork loin chops (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds total), 3/4-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 sweet potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 3 Red Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and cut in half
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- About 2 pounds sauerkraut, rinsed, drained and squeezed dry
What to Do
- Heat oil in a 6-quart pressure cooker over high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Add 2 chops to pressure cooker and brown uncovered 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a platter and brown remaining chops.
- Place sweet potatoes in bottom of the pressure cooker then layer pork chops and apples over them.
- In a small bowl, combine apple juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon; mix well and pour over pork chops. Top with sauerkraut, making sure not to fillcooker more than two-thirds full. Lock lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When pressure regulator begins to rock, reduceheat to medium and cook 10 minutes.
- Cool cooker at once by placing under cold running water until steam no longer escapes from vent and pressure is completely reduced. Removelid and serve pork chops with sweet potatoes, apples, and sauerkraut, spooning sauce over everything.
If you like this recipe, then you're gonna love our collection of 11 tasty and quick easy dinner recipes!