Pork Egg Foo Yung
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
Don't let the name scare you! Egg Foo Yung is simply a cousin to an omelet, frittata or crepe. And this tasty pork version of a classic Chinese takeout recipe makes a super anytime change-of-pace main course. You're going to love this homemade passport to the Far East, and so will the family!
What You'll Need
- 8 eggs
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh bean sprouts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 pound thick-sliced deli roast pork, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can chicken gravy
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
What to Do
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add mushrooms, bean sprouts, pork, scallions, salt, and pepper; mix well and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil until hot. Spoon three 1/4-cup measures of egg mixture into skillet to form pancakes and cook about 1 minute per side or until golden. Remove to serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Repeat until all egg mixture has been cooked, adding more oil to skillet as needed.
- In medium skillet over medium heat, combine gravy, soy sauce, and ginger; mix well for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve pancakes topped with gravy.
Check This Out!
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of Easy Chinese Recipes!
- Tell those fortune cookies to move over, these Chinese Almond Rounds are what we want as our takeout dessert.
- Make a meal of our Wonton Soup, Creamy Crab Wontons, Sensational Spring Rolls, Anytime Fried Rice, and our Slow Cooker Orange Chicken!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 183
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 2.3g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 11g 22 %
- Cholesterol 131mg 44 %
- Sodium 359mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 14g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.5g 14 %
- Sugars 1.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Chilled Stacked Salad is a colorful and easy make-ahead layered salad that is perfect for easy summer entertaining. It's among our favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties. We know once you start stacking, you'll never want to stop!