Pork Egg Foo Yung
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't let the name scare you! Egg foo yung is simply a cousin to an omelet, frittata or crepe. And this tasty pork version makes a super anytime change-of-pace main course.
What You'll Need
- 8 eggs
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh bean sprouts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 pound thick-sliced deli roast pork, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 (10 ½-ounce) can chicken gravy
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
What to Do
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the mushrooms, bean sprouts, pork, scallions, salt, and pepper; mix well and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Spoon three 1/4-cup measures of the egg mixture into the skillet to form pancakes and cook for about 1 minute per side, or until golden. Remove to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Repeat until all the egg mixture has been cooked, adding more oil to the skillet as needed.
- Combine the gravy, soy sauce, and ginger in the skillet over medium heat; mix well for 1 minute, or until heated through. Serve the pancakes topped with the gravy.
Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories 731
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 37g 56 %
- Saturated Fat 9.1g 45 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 44g 89 %
- Cholesterol 523mg 174 %
- Sodium 1,434mg 60 %
- Total Carbohydrates 57g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 14g 55 %
- Sugars 6.8g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bake up a tried-and-true favorite with our recipe for Homestyle Buttermilk Cake. This cake will remind you of all the times grandma would call you to the table and have a large slice and a glass of milk waiting for you. It's such a classic!