Pork Lo Mein
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why order take-out when you can create one of our favorite Chinese pork recipes? This classic Pork Lo Mein is made with off-the-shelf ingredients that are probably already in your pantry. Get out the chopsticks and dig in!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 pork tenderloin, thinly sliced then cut into strips
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced minced
What to Do
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Place in a large bowl and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine chicken broth, soy sauce, and sugar; mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil until hot. Add pork and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until no pink remains, stirring constantly. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add scallions, carrots, mushrooms, snow peas, and garlic to the skillet. Stir fry 3 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add pork and sauce mixture to vegetables and heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until sauce is heated through. Pour over pasta and toss until evenly coated, then serve.
- This can also be made with beef or chicken; just be sure to use thin strips.
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
- Did You Know? Just like we ring in the New Year with symbolic foods, so do folks in China. Some of the most common Chinese New Year Foods include fish, dumplings, noodles, pork, and spring rolls. These foods symbolize things like good fortune, wealth, and longevity.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 536
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 2.1g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 45g 91 %
- Cholesterol 98mg 33 %
- Sodium 876mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 66g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.6g 19 %
- Sugars 6.9g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!