Sunday Dinner Ham
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want a recipe that blends great flavors and texture all in one dish? Look no more; we've got it for you right here! This Sunday Dinner Ham is an immediate hit!
What You'll Need
- 1 (5-pound) canned ham
- 20 whole cloves (optional)
- 1 (20-ounce) can sliced pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 9 maraschino cherries
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Remove ham from can; place ham in a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Using a sharp knife, make 20 (1/4-inch-deep) cuts in top of ham in a diamond pattern. Insert whole cloves into ham in center of diamonds, if desired. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Combine juice, brown sugar, and next 3 ingredients, stirring well.
- Remove ham from oven; arrange pineapple slices around sides of ham, using toothpicks. Place 1 cherry in center of each pineapple ring. Spoon brown sugar mixture over ham.
- Bake, uncovered, 45 more minutes, basting occasionally with pan juices. To serve, slice into individual servings, removing toothpicks and whole cloves.
With this recipe, it's easy to dress up a canned ham in a snap. Just make 1/4-inch deep cuts in the top in a diamond pattern and insert a whole clove into the center of each diamond.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for that farm-to-table taste during dinnertime? Well with our homemade tomato sauce, you'll get just that. Our Blender Tomato Sauce is as easy as blend, simmer, and enjoy! With fresh ingredients, and nothing but organic spices, this tomato sauce recipe will please everyone's Italian grandma!