Country Ham with Red Eye Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This truck-stop down-home southern recipe for Country Ham with Red Eye Gravy is comfort at its best. Our 4 ingredient version of this classic can be on your table in no time.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound sliced country ham, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 (10.8-ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits), baked according to package directions
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ham pieces 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Transfer cooked pieces to a serving plate and set aside.
- Add coffee and sugar to skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring to loosen pan drippings. Continue cooking until gravy is bubbling, stirring constantly.
- Split biscuits and divide ham equally among them. Top with gravy and serve immediately.
Top off this delicious meal with one of our favorite desserts -- Banana Crunch Pie!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!