Country Ham with Red Eye Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This truck-stop down-home southern recipe for Country Ham with Red Eye Gravy is comfort at its best. Our 4 ingredient version of this classic can be on your table in no time.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound sliced country ham, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 (10.8-ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits), baked according to package directions
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ham pieces 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Transfer cooked pieces to a serving plate and set aside.
- Add coffee and sugar to skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring to loosen pan drippings. Continue cooking until gravy is bubbling, stirring constantly.
- Split biscuits and divide ham equally among them. Top with gravy and serve immediately.
Top off this delicious meal with one of our favorite desserts -- Banana Crunch Pie!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!