Razzle-Dazzle Root Beer Pork
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Root beer has been a beloved drink for generations; but did you know you can use it as a secret ingredient when cooking meat? That's right! We've got something your Granny didn't tell you. This succulent Razzle-Dazzle Root Beer Pork is the best of the best, because it uses your favorite soda in a whole new way. With explosive sweet flavor, your guests will want second and third helpings, every time this hits the table.
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (3-pound) boneless pork butt or shoulder roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (12-ounce) can root beer
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 (8-inch) round corn bread, cut into wedges
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, and garlic powder; rub mixture over meat. In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil; sear pork on all sides.
- Place a steamer insert or foil collar in a 6-quart or larger pressure cooker/Instant Pot. Place meat on the insert, fat side up. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except corn bread; pour over pork.
- Securely lock lid and over high heat, bring to full pressure; reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure for 60 minutes. Perform a quick release. Check to ensure meat is very tender. If not, place lid on loosely and simmer until fork-tender. Remove meat to a cutting board and pull apart into chunks. (Do not shred.)
- Remove steamer insert. Skim fat from sauce and stir meat back into sauce. Serve meat chunks and gravy with the cornbread.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Want to bake your own corn bread? Go ahead and pick up a package of all-in-one corn bread mix and bake it according to the package instructions.
- For more amazing pork dinners, try our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Cheesy Pork Chops, or our Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin.
- Love cooking with root beer? Make this Chocolate Surprise Cake for a recipe where root beer really shines!