Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Fast Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need a great potato holiday go-along for your main dish? Then these Fast Mashed Potates and Parsnips are the perfect choice. The parsnips add a flavorful earthy taste o these creamy traditional-style mashed potatoes.
What You'll Need
- 6 large Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 medium-sized parsnips, peeled, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium-sized onions, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water; add the potatoes, parsnips, onion, and garlic. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the sour cream, salt, and pepper and beat with an electric beater for 3 to 4 minutes, or until creamy.
You can make these a day or two before planning to serve them. Then you can just heat 'em in the microwave for a few minutes before mealtime.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!